Sunday, May 31, 2009

Forbidden Flickring

I decided to do the Flickring Choice 2 assignment as well to gain experience. I've had some problems getting this done due to camera issues and home computer issues, but hopefully I will succeed today. At this point all I am trying to do is get this done so I can move on to the next things. These pictures are from a trip to Houston last fall to the Forbidden Gardens in Katy, Texas. It is an miniature replica of the Forbidden Gardens in China. It was created by a Chinese businessman that wanted to educate his children and other Chinese students who had moved to the U.S. for their college education and may not get an opportunity to see the real thing. My daughter is interested in all things Asian so this was an interesting and educational excursion for her. We are going back down to Houston this summer for an exhibit of the real terra cotta soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment