Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blog Readers - Thing 6

This assignment was a real eye-opener. I was wondering how other people seemed to be able to keep up with new information from blogs. I am a supervisor of several people who are doing the North Texas 23 so I added them to the subscription list so I can keep track of their progress. I am not intending to use this in a bad way. It's mainly because they are such better writers than I am and it's fun to see what they write. Check out Sallie's Perpetual Beta Test http://salsbetatest.blogspot.com/ and Kickin and Screaming... http://kickinandscreaminintothe21stcentury.blogspot.com/. Both of them also post regularly to the library's Feast on Books blog http://feastonbooks.blogspot.com/. My apologies for sounding like a proud mother hen. I can't take any credit for their work.

I just realized that I could do prettier links to the sites above, but won't because I am trying to get this done before I leave work today.

If you haven't discovered it yet, click on the "BROWSE FOR STUFF" button in Google Reader. It has a list of 449 "bundles" for links to blogs on popular subjects. I added the bundle for COMICS to my list, but promptly took it off once I looked at them. The only link to a popular/mainstream comic was DILBERT. All the others were ones I wasn't familiar with. BUT I was much happier when I found the bundle under "LIBRARY." It contained severals blogs I told myself months ago that I need to start looking at regularly and promptly didn't do it.

Also of interest is a bundle labeled "STEAMPUNK." I'm not interested for me, but for my daughter. She just told be about this type of music a few weeks ago and she has been showing me some of the videos (think Mad Max meets The Thompson Twins meets Jethro Tull). So I will surely tell her about that.

All in all blog readers are a "good thing." (Forgive me Martha Stewart for stealing your phrase).

No comments:

Post a Comment