Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing 9 - more Facebook

I am pleasantly surprised at how many people have found me on Facebook since I signed up less than a week ago. Many are childhood friends. I have also been able to contact several people that I grew up with. It's been fun, but again it can be a real time-eater. I would have had an easier time of it if I could remember which year I graduated from high school. I spent a whole lot of time looking at 1978 graduates worrying about how bad my memory was because nobody looked familiar. When I took it back a year I was relieved to find a lot of familiar faces.

When I started the post I forgot to include my maiden name and it took me awhile to figure out how to correct that. I did get a picture posted, but not of me. I posted 2 things to "what's on your mind" as assigned with the second linking to the Feast on Books blog.

I have joined 3 groups so far - 1 is weight loss related and 2 are craft (polymer clay) related. I haven't had a chance to check back into those yet. I also joined a group for twins, but then unjoined once I realized that it was more about raising twins than being a twin.

I can see where a library having a face book page could be an advantage and help draw in younger users. It'd be a good, cheap way for libraries to get the word out to that segment of the population. Several of our branches used to have MySpace or FaceBook pages, but they were taken down until the library can develop a policy that would guarantee a quality product.

No comments:

Post a Comment