Thursday, July 16, 2009

Digg it! - Thing 15

My first thought going into this site is that it was going to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Yes, there was evidence of that with top stories such as "Top Products for Smuggling Alcohol into Venues." There was a lot of stuff like that, but there was so much more. It would be a good place to go to keep up on technology and business news. I think the links I have on my Google Reader probably do just as good a job as keeping me up on library news so I'm not sure I'd use it for that.

For someone into pop culture this would be a great place to hang out and get lost for hours in. The "Odd News" section is entertaining to look at. I also added their comics page to my Delicious file. Fun, but not sure how much I'd use it for work. I'm afraid I'd get side-tracked too easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment